In September 2015, Claremont House opened the first three of it’s seven short term accommodation rooms within the Heritage listed Victorian mansion. The Tower, Maids and Lady Clark rooms, each with their own ensuite bathrooms offer an exclusive heritage style luxury experience. In December 2017, the Darling, Bond, Convict and Servant’s rooms all opened for hire. The Darling and Bond room within the south wing of the main house each have their own private ensuite bathrooms with views over Mount Wellington. The Convict and Servant’s rooms are located within the original servant’s residence c1840 and they share a bathroom and communal kitchenette.

Book direct and receive complimentary breakfast with every booking. For all booking enquiries, please call (03) 6249 8818 or book direct

Booking Now

Chauffeur’s Cottage c1918.

The Edwardian cottage retains its charm with fireplaces in all main rooms, original ceilings and picture rails throughout. The cottage has three bedrooms, a separate lounge and kitchen/ meals area. The original bathroom has been attached to the house as well as housing the laundry and storage room. The cottage is set at the back of the 5 acre property, security automated gate entrance and has a completely enclosed backyard and private outdoor covered patio.

Four of the twelve bedrooms within the Victorian Italianate mansion are now available for short and medium term rental. All rooms have their own private bathrooms and two feature double bedrooms with spas. All rooms have been restored to retain many of the original features, Baltic pine floors, skirts, architraves and three retain the original working open fireplaces. The rooms are equipped with modern amenities to ensure your stay is most comfortable. All rooms are fully furnished with King or Queen ensemble beds. Each room has heating, a large flat screen LCD TV, refrigerator, espresso coffee machine & kettle. During the months of May through to October, all rooms will be stocked with kindling and firewood.

Tower Room
One of the original bedrooms of the 1889 additions, the Tower Room has two double bedrooms with private two storey bathroom within the original tower. The bedrooms both retain original ceilings, skirts, architraves and have been luxuriously finished in pearl white carpets. Both rooms have the original working open fireplaces and hearths. The bathroom is within the second and third floors of the tower. lower bathroom has 16 foot ceilings with an exposed staircase, 6ft chandelier and will feature an original Victorian claw foot bath. The Tower bathroom will also have its own red cedar lined Finnish sauna. A deluxe twin corner spa has been set in the third floor of the tower which enjoys commanding 360 degree views of the Derwent River and Mount Wellington. Soak in the spa, enjoy a glass of wine and watch the sunset over Mount Wellington or Mount Faulkner from the third floor of the tower.

The Maid’s Room
In the early 1900′s, the maid of the house was required to decorate each of the main rooms with fresh flowers all year round from the extensive rose garden and numerous glass houses. During the period of 1912 to 1919, the maid was required to wash the bed linen of the family and dry them on the lavender hedges in the north garden.
Originally the Maid’s bedroom from the 1890′s, the room has been restored with the original Baltic pine floors, skirts, architraves and working open fireplace. The north wall has been left exposed of render to show off the existing fabric of the 1890′s addition under Frank Bond’s occupation. The room has its own private bathroom that was added during WW11 in the time of the Red Cross. The bathroom features an original restored Victorian claw foot bath.

The Darling Room

A part of the 1890 additions, the Darling Room, named after the great Joseph Darling who lived at the house with his wife Alice between 1919 and 1940. The original main bedroom and dressing room of the house have been restored to a large king ensuite room with lounge area and private balcony access. The Darling room retains the original fireplaces in both rooms with the most ornate hearth tiles in the main. The bathroom features an island hydrotherapy spa with views overlooking Mount Wellington.

The Lady Clark Room 
In 1940, Claremont House became the site of the Red Cross hospital during WW11 when Lady Clark was taken by the wisteria growing over the verandahs. The ensuite bedroom has been restored in the annexe of the Hospital addition that adjoins the main house with the servants wing. The ground floor room has a level entry, bathroom with walk in shower and also an original restored Victorian clawfoot bath. The Lady Clark room enjoys views to the south over Mount Wellington. The Lady Clark room is available for short or long term rental. Room rates include all utilities and wifi.

The Bond room
Between 1889 and 1897, the estate was owned by Frank Bond, a wealthy businessman in Hobart. Bond’s mark on the property is the reason today Claremont House is classified as a Victorian Italianate. Unique for the area, Bond added the double return verandah, four storey ‘widow’s walk’ and iron gates at the bottom of the drive.
The Bond room features a chiropractic queen ensemble, large flat screen TV and ensuite bathroom with walk in shower. The room looks south with views over Colllins Cap and Mount Wellington

The Servants Residence c1840 – Convict and Servant’s rooms
Part of the original Bilton estate, the Georgian servant’s quarters now feature two large bedrooms sharing one bathroom. The original building housed 11 workers, 3 convicts and one ticket of leave holder that looked after the 734 acre pastoral farm.
The Convict room and Servants room each feature a chiropractic queen ensemble, 50 inch LCD TV and original fireplaces. The shared bathroom features a shower over an extra long original claw bath, custom made for the Brewery Manager at the Cascade Brewery in the early 1900′s. The rooms also share a communal kitchenette area with fridge/freezer, microwave, espresso machine, kettle and toaster.