For all booking enquiries, please call (03) 6249 8818 or via email to email@example.com
In 1889, Claremont House on 734 acres of land was purchased by Frank Bond at a value of 329 pounds. Bond was a well known businessman and parliamentarian and had heavy mining interests in north west Tasmania and other businesses as far as Queensland. Bond subdivided much of the land and sold of part of the land to Cadbury Pascal Fry Pty Ltd.
Claremont House, as it stands today is classified as a ‘Classic Victorian Italianate’ home. Bond’s late Victorian additions included return verandahs on both the ground and first floor, a ballroom, dining room, further bedrooms and four storey ‘widow’s walk’
Bond’s bedroom was at the top of the stairs on the south side of the house. He had a dressing room and bathroom and built the maid’s room at the rear of his bathroom.
Bond built the gates at the bottom of the drive which formed a part of the fence that divided the formal and informal gardens. During the depressed years of the 1890′s, the value of the property fell dramatically and in 1894 Claremont House was valued at only 135 pounds (1894 Assessment rolls)
Bond lived at the property between 1889 -
The Maid’s room retains the original Victorian skirts, architraves and baltic pine floors in the hall. It has a heated queen bed with large LCD television, electric flame effect panel heating and working open fire. The bathroom is the original c1889 from Bond and has a Victorian claw foot bath with shower. The room features an exposed convict brick wall and has a fridge and espresso machine.97. He installed the servant’s bell system back to the kitchen and also had a bell in the maid’s room.